Lots Of people go into a marriage guessing whether the relationship is right for both of them. Actually a certain amount of trust in relationship, commitment and your feelings is required, but there are some concrete tools by which you can help make your decision.
- Do you have good chemistry together?
- Do you like enough of the same things?
- Are your core needs a good match? ie. Mutual respect, travel, touch, etc.
- Do they give back?
- Are we both giving 100% to the relationship or is one partner doing most of the work?
- Is it all about the wedding?
- Are you in agreement on children, sex, money, career, religion, family and friends? Or have you negotiated a compromise you both can live with?
- Are you clear what is essential to you and whether this relationship has that?
- A great marriage starts with both of you choosing a good match in a partner and then the commitment to make the effort to do all that you both need to do to make this a Love For A Lifetime. I will be writing more on this subject. Watch for future blogs with the same title, “She Loves Me, She Loves Me Not”.