Every eHarmony commercial has one person who’s shown without a spouse: yes, the doctor himself. It begs the question: Is the guy even married? Who is the wife?
Not much is known about Mrs. Marylyn M. Warren. We couldn’t even find any photos of her except this tiny one from the PBS TV show “Small Business.” This is what little we have verified:
- They met at Pepperdine University in 1954. “All I knew at the time was that I should be taller, and in our case, I was.”
- Mr. Warren and Ms. Marylyn Mann married in 22 March 1959.
- They have three grown daughters. The eldest is Lorraine.
- She served as head of eHarmony public relations between June 2000 to around February 2006. On February 2005, she was also cited to hold the position of Senior Vice President.
- Her almost namesake, Marilyn Warren, is the eleventh and current Chief Justice of Victoria, Australia.
(Update: we found more information when we found the correct spelling of her name.)
- “She didn’t work until our third daughter went off to college,” said Warren in an interview with Salon.com. But when she did, “she loved it and she was treated with so much respect. That was the time when she and I learned that it was not my superiority in any way that dictated that I should be the breadwinner. She could have done it just as well as, if not better than, I.”
- The smitten doctor added: “There is nobody on earth I want to be with every night except for her… It was total luck. We didn’t have the slightest idea of what we should have been looking for [in each other].”
- Before eHarmony, she serving as Vice President for Financial Development at The Huntington Library for eleven years. During her term, she helped raise $153,000,000 for the institution as well as lead the capital campaign for a new Botanical Complex.
- She has over 20 years experience in the fields of public relations, fund raising and special events at Cal Tech, the Russ Reid Company, The Music Center of Los Angeles and The Huntington Library.
- A eH press kit said, “Warren’s responsibilities at eHarmony include overseeing the strategic reach of eHarmony to all parts of the larger community with a special emphasis on media relations. As onsite director of the Harmony launch in Texas, she focused on developing relationships with key centers of influence for eHarmony. In addition, she shares responsibility for corporate planning as a member of Harmony’s executive committee.”
- Her email address should be mwarren at eharmony.com.
Dr. Warren writes personally about their marital relationship on Newsletter Volume 20.
UPDATE 25 March 2008: Here’s a more recent photo found in Guideposts Magazine:
We’ll update this page as more information becomes available.