1. There is no partial refund when you meet your future spouse and, of course, no longer need the service. The service is non-transferable. Do you think eH will refund you when eH closes shop or for any reason cannot provide you the service? No.
2. There’s no guarantee of satisfactory matches. Follow the logic: You need to pay only if you need to communicate. You need to communicate only if you have matches and you need matches. One, What if you have no matches? What if you hit a dry spell and get no matches for many months?
3. No one needs to subscribe continuously that long. Again, follow the logic: You need to pay only if you need to communicate. You need to communicate only if you have matches and you need matches. Two, When do you need matches? All the following must be true:
- You want to date.
- You have time to date.
- You do not want to or can not date among the people you already know.
- You have no one else and want no one else except eH to match you to other people.
I ask realistically here: out of the next 12 months, how many days does ALL FOUR apply to you? Half of them? Then a one-year subscription is not for you.
4. How likely is it that once you meet three to five matches in eH face-to-face you will stop needing new matches and will spend the next weeks or months dating or communicating with these people further?
5. You can join the 3-for-1 promo instead one or more times during the same year. The 3-for-1 promo has several advantages and no disadvantages:
- It is great if your life schedule is seasonal — for example, you are busy with your business during the holidays, but have plenty of time in June and July.
- It is offered consistently every December, March, June and September and is extended consistently until the middle of the following month.
- The March offer is great for lining up dates for the summer. The September offer is great for lining up dates for the holiday season. Expect matches to take a month to move from initial match into a face-to-face meeting.
- Four of them will still be cheaper than the full price of the 12-month subscription.
Remember, you just need one successful match. This is not a magazine subscription, a gym membership or a telco contract. Committing one year to eHarmony is almost guaranteed to cost you too much.