US = eHarmony.com
CA = eHarmony.ca
AU = eHarmony.com.au
UK = eHarmony.co.uk
CP = Compatible Partners
- Try each 8-character coupon code one at a time, and vote whether or not they worked for you. Try the lowest price first, of course. The $19.95 price should be your very last resort.
- As more people vote, the best-priced working codes move to the top. Vote on one poll and you will be able to click to view poll results.
- Review also the money-saving tips and notes and the recent reader comments below. For example, note #3 tells you what to do next, before Tuesday, to get an even better deal.
Let readers know which code works. How much 36,878 readers saved so far = $2,949,829.15
Notes, frequently asked questions and unofficial tips
- 1. Where and how do I enter the code? »
Click the "Subscribe Now" or "Join Now" link and, on the Plan Selection page, look for the "Promotional Code (Optional)" box. Just type the code in the box and hit the Enter key.
Make it a habit to PRINT the transaction confirmation screen (example) whenever and whatever you buy online, just in case there’s a glitch or a billing issue later. Yeah, sure, ignore this tip because you trust the site won’t foul up their billing. Yeah, sure, that never ever happens.
- 1.1. Seriously, do I have to try each code in each set? »
If you’re in a hurry, you don't have to. Each “set” corresponds to a “release”, which explains why the codes of a set have similar patterns or have letters in common. More than anything, it is very consistent that the codes of a set (that is, the codes of a similar pattern) expire all at the same time.
That is, if out of a set of five codes that have a similar pattern, two are expired, the other three are probably expired, too.
- 1.2. NEW: The site says a code is for new subscribers, but when I created a new account, it doesn’t work! What kind of BS is that?! »
Sorry, we can’t explain it either.
- 1.3. What is a “previous subscriber”? »
A previous subscriber is a member who has subscribed before and that subscription has ended. Thus, if you are a current subscriber, you will have to wait until your subscription ends to use the code, and hope the code is still valid at that time.
TIP: You can use the same “previous subscriber” code over and over every time it “runs out.” We hope you'll still come visit this blog.
- 2. Where do I see how much I’ll be paying? »
Just like Amazon.com, after you enter your credit card information, the site will show a “Review your order” page. THIS is where you’ll see your total. Click Continue to charge the card.
- 3. How do I get more months for free? »
Call within 3 days of purchase and insist that you’re not satisfied with the service and want a refund. If the rep says that fees are non-refundable, tell the rep that the site's “Terms and Conditions” US CA AU UK CP clearly say that the fees are fully refundable if you contact them within 3 days. (Be kind to the rep; she's just following the company's “retention” script as part of her job.)
To save the sale, the rep will offer to extend your subscription by 1, 2 or 3 months. (Beth’s story) TIP: If the rep offers to extend the “cancellation period” or “trial period”, you need to refuse that and insist further. If this didn't work, tell us in the comments.
We hope we save you money today with tips, tricks and codes compiled nowhere else on the web. We invite you to explore the rest of the site, such as our current poll and our Tips and Tricks category. We’re the only eHarmony site with no advertisements or affiliate links, we got nothing to sell and require no registration. Have a look around!
When sharing these codes to friends and forums, kindly give them a link to this page as well, so that the forum’s readers will know where to look when the codes you shared have expired.
- 3.1. How do I get an extra $10 off? »
US residents can choose “No Magazine” and apply for the rebate. This may take 4 weeks to process.
- 3.2. How do I get an extra 3, 4, 6 or 7 months for less than $5 each? »
At the end of the payment process, US (eharmony.com) members can go back to the beginning http://www.eharmony.com/singles/servlet/subscription, use a $4.24 or $4.95 code and buy a subscription extension. Repeat as desired. Read Trines's instructions if you need details. If this didn't work, tell us in the comments.
If a code with a great price says that it's only for members who are currently subscribed, then obviously you have to subscribe first, possibly with some other code, before you can use it.
- 4. What must I know about renewals? »
All accounts auto-renew 24 hours before the subscription expires, so know what, when and how much the auto-renewal is. If you’re any bit unsure about it, remove your credit card or turn off the auto-renewal soon after you pay. Don’t say we didn’t tell you.
- 5. Tips for monthly billing codes: »
Don’t tell anybody this. The eHarmony site isn’t set up for accounts receivable, so if you go for a monthly billing plan and then remove your credit card right after you pay, they will just end your subscription at the 30-day point and leave you alone. It’s better than paying $45 or $60 for three, don’t you think? Come back here afterwards and there may be a better deal available then.
- 6. Codes not working? / Troubleshooting / Strategies »
eHarmony classifies members according to the country site and according to being new, returning or extending. Here are troubleshooting tips and strategies gathered from our readers’ discussions below:
- Call eHarmony and ask the rep politely for help applying a $9.95 code. If the rep won’t cooperate, hang up and call again. This tip is courtesy of maluna, EST and SingleGuyInSanDiego, dated 1 October 2009. IMPORTANT TIP: By "hang up", we mean, end the call abruptly as if the line went dead.
- Over the phone, the rep might offer you $59.95 for 4 months. This amounts to $14.9875 a month if you accept it.
- Try the other prices. It’s just $10, $15 more, compared to the regular price of $119.85. The $19.95 price should be your very last resort.
- Try the codes on page 2 onwards. Why else do we have 12 pages of codes here?
- If a $9.95 code worked last time, try that code again.
- Come back when your subscription is over.
- 7. Does eHarmony have a money-back guarantee? »
At eHarmony, Your Satisfaction is Not Guaranteed. You can cancel within 3 days of purchase and get a full refund (For EH UK, it is 7 days.). After the 3 (or 7) days, eHarmony is an as-is, no-guarantees, no-refund, either-can-terminate-without-cause product. If this is new to you, you better read the rest of their Terms and Conditions US CA AU UK CP before you give them your money.
- 8. What’s the most anyone should pay for eHarmony? »
At the very least, if you contact eHarmony, there is ALWAYS an in-house special for members, young and old.
- 3 months for $59.95 (or $19.983 a month) USD, CAD or AUD.
- 6 months for $119.85 (or $19.975 a month) USD, CAD or AUD.
- 12 months for $179.70 (or $14.975 a month) USD, CAD or AUD.
Sometimes, a little persuasion can get you something better.
- 9. What are these “Cashback Reward Offers” about? »
You better watch this video: Senate finds out that eHarmony got $1-10 million commission from "Post Transaction Marketing" scam.
- 10. Where can I get a free trial? »
There are only two ways to get free time without paying a cent. The first is during their frequent and widely advertised "free communication weekends" or other similar marketing events. The second is catching them with their site broken and then calling them to complain. They may give you free time for your inconvenience. We announce both opportunities in our site's front page as soon as we hear about them.
If a site is asking you to click a link to activate a free trial, such a site is outdated or it is simply a trick. If you clicked that link, that website will earn a commission. Read the next item for details.
- 11. Will you get a commission when I use your codes? »
These codes come from official and unofficial sources. We are uncertain whether they have source-tracking, that is, whether someone gets a commission when people use or attempt to use the code. We guarantee though that that someone is not us.
However, if you clicked an “activate” link on a website earlier today, or the last 45 days, then that website will earn a commission. Read the next item for details.
- 12. Do websites get a commission when I use a code? »
All “20% off a six month subscription” (or $23.16 a month) codes, e.g., WEBSITENAMEAAA, are Commission Junction codes. They give the promoting website, as indicated, a commission from the sale. See http://www.eharmony.com/singles/servlet/about/affiliates and http://www.eharmony.co.uk/affiliates for details. Nothing wrong with this — just an FYI — but do compare this to #8.
Another sort is the EHWEBSITENAME buy-3-get-1 offer (or $29.96 a month). As you can see, the 4-for-3 code is worse than anything here, making us wonder how big the commission is.
Here’s the worst. There are sites that present eHarmony’s REGULAR PRICES, such as, “65% off monthly rate with 12 month plan ($468 in Savings)”, as if they are discounts that you will only get if you click their link. Crooks.
If you clicked a “click here to get a eHarmony discount” link on a website somewhere earlier today, or in the last 45 days, THAT website will get a $20-$65 commission when you subscribe. You can help us stop giving trickster sites an unfair commission when it’s this blog who helped you save.
- 13. Do you have any Total Connect codes? »
Total Connect is ALWAYS more expensive than using any code here then buying RelyID, Secure Call and Premium Personality Profile separately. If ever we find a Total Connect code that isn't, we'll add them, promise.
- 14. How were the codes sorted? »
To make the numbers more relevant, the poll results in this page count only the votes in the past 7 days. eHarmony is known to revive expired codes, so we came up with a sort order that will inform everyone when someone finds a revived code: First, the polls with working codes (most recently voted 'yes' first); next, the unvoted polls (most recently published first); finally the polls with codes that never worked in the last 7 days (least recently voted 'no' first).
Savings are based on the regular plan of that duration; for example, “$29.95 for 3 months” saves $90.
[Updated: May 23, 2013, good until eHarmony expires them.]
(Message to the lawyers: Discount codes are neither trademarked, copyrighted nor acquired via any non-disclosure agreement, and are thus freely publishable.)