eHarmony’s Chief Technical Officer steps down after four years and four months. Joseph Essas joined eH on April 2008 as VP for Technology, and effective today, has left them for OpenTable, an online restaurant reservations website. No replacement has been announced.
As Chief Engineer, Essas “transformed the core matching technologies of eHarmony into machine-learning modeling and Hadoop driven stack, using graph optimization algorithms for optimizing most efficient relationships among participants of the network. (bio)” I don’t know what he means by “most efficient relationships”.
Greg Steiner (bio), President and Chief Operating Officer, resigned last March after 11 years and 10 months of service.
Jon Ward, Vice President for Corporate Development, left last May.
Essas’s departure leaves eHarmony’s executive management team smaller than it has ever been.
- Jeremy Verba – Chief Executive Officer
- Karen Barker – Vice President, Customer Care
- Cary Berger – General Counsel
- Sean Cornwell – Vice President, International
- Kristen Martin – Vice President, Human Resources
- John Powers – Vice President, Finance and Administration