6 Tips on Meeting Your Future Spouse on eHarmony
Okay this might sound like a joke, but my wife and I are one of those successful eHarmony matches that you’d see on their commercials.
And just like the commercial, we ended up “falling in love” and “haven’t been away from each other ever since”.
Sick, ain’t it.
If you are interested in joining eHarmony in hopes of getting married, let me pass some pearls of wisdom:
- Men: don’t treat eHarmony like it’s a dating service. Unless your match’s profile says otherwise, respect her time and efforts to find a husband. They don’t want a one-night stand.
- Be honest about yourself. Be honest with your matches from the start. Expose your positives and negatives flat-out, no holding back. Your true love will love you no matter what, so don’t be afraid to let your match “kick the tires before making a commitment to buy”.
- Use a recent picture. Don’t be afraid to let people know what you look like. If a potential match passes you by, so what? That person probably would’ve made you unhappy anyway. Love the person who God made you to be.
- Don’t be desperate. Everything happens in God’s time.
- Treat your future spouse as your best friend. If you are seeking marriage, don’t just enjoy the initial romance. Learn to cultivate a lifelong friendship.
- When you do meet in person, do a comfort check. Ask yourself, “Is this anything like how it was talking on the phone or sending e-mails?” If you feel as if you’ve known each other for years, consider that a good sign.
(Leo writes, “By the way, that story took place back in 2006 and we’ve been happily married ever since. I hope the article will be an encouragement to your readers.”)