Tips and tricks: 6 ways how to get a discount in eHarmony
Here is the complete list of the six proven ways not to pay full price on eHarmony:
- Use a promotional discount code while paying for a subscription.
- Wait for a discount offer email from eHarmony. Trust me you don’t have to wait that long. And trust me it ain’t a one-time exclusive offer.
- Wait for a discount code banner to show up when you sign into eHarmony. The only thing about this one and the one before it is that you may not get the most discounted price.
- (US registrants) Say no to the magazine offer and apply for the $10 rebate.
Register in eHarmony UK instead. That site is giving away 7-day free access. Then take the first flight home.
- Call them and ask for a deal. Don’t take the first deal they offer (see comment below).
- Complain when they screw up. They can extend subscriptions because of the inconvenience they caused you. Typical complaints:
- “I was matched to another Nigerian scammer, the third one this month.”
- “I forgot my password five days ago and requested it three times but I never got any response.”
- “I had no matches for a week!”
- “I got sent matches who live 3000 miles away.”
- “The site ‘ate’ my message.”
- Technical failures.
- Billing errors.
Also, here are two unproven ways. We’ve never seen them work, but hey there are rumours:
- Click one of those links on numerous websites that say “Click here to activate your 20% coupon”.
- Don’t finish your questionnaire in one sitting. Instead, let it sit unfinished for days (or weeks). You might get this offer email:
How to get a much, much better deal
You can COMBINE the above ways for incredible discounts. Let’s hear it from one of our readers, curious_girl:
I just for the first time a week ago. I emailed them to ask if they had a free trial, because I didn’t want to spend the kind of money they were asking for. So they told me to join and they would double my membership for free. Then I found a promotional coupon for 3 months for $30, and then they doubled it. So I got 6 months for thirty bucks. You could go that route and save a bundle if you do join.