People have been asking this. eHarmony US’s Help area used to have an answer, but they took it out. (Anybody wanna guess why?) Here is the official answer, found in eHarmony Canada’s Help area:
(Aahhh, couldn’t they have just put a “turn off auto-renew” link somewhere?)
UPDATE: If you purchased a subscription using a payment plan, the ‘close account’ link will not appear on the site until after you’ve made the final payment, i.e., eHarmony has charged you the final payment. In this case, you need to CONTACT THEM to turn off auto-renew. Likely, the rep would try to talk you out of leaving, so be ready.
Warning: We have heard numerous reports from members whose auto-renew turned back on when they changed certain Match settings. The only way to guarantee that they cannot charge your credit card is to remove your credit card from the system. You’d also never have to bother with the steps and instructions below.
To set your membership to expire at the end of its current term, without any future payments, you will need to select the “Cancel My Subscription” link in your account settings. Please be reassured that following these steps will turn off your auto-renew feature so that no further charges will occur.
To turn off your auto-renew:
- Log into your account at eHarmony
- Select the My Settings link at the top of the page
- Click the Account Settings subheading
- Click the “Cancel My Subscription” link at the bottom of the page to begin the cancellation process (selecting “Cancel My Subscription” will only turn off the auto-renew feature)
- Follow through to the confirmation page
Upon successfully turning off the renewal, you will receive the following confirmation:
Please Note: members with a current multi-payment subscription can cancel their memberships after the third and final installment has been completed.
If you would like further verification that your auto-renew is turned off you will need to:
- Log into your account
- Go to My Settings
- Select Account Settings
- At the bottom of the page you will see your subscription information including when your account is:
- Set to expire (if auto renew is off)
- Set to renew (if auto-renew is on)
If auto-renew is off, you will also see the option to “close account” rather than “cancel my subscription”
If at any time you decide you would like to turn your auto-renew feature on, this can also be done from within your account. Please visit “How do I turn on auto-renew” for more information.